September 11, 2015
Creative Design Workshops
Suitable for beginners and not at all scary!
Aim of the workshops:
- Learning to think creatively “Think Out of the Box”.
- To provide a springboard encouraging women to explore how they value and select recycled materials, items no longer in use or too readily discarded.
- Encourage women to generate their own creative ideas and challenge them to transform these materials into their own individual piece of artwork.
Skills used will include:
- Using a variety of different recycled, found or unusual materials to compose and create a design concept.
- Making design decisions regarding concept, construction and techniques.
- Explore shape and colour relationships, learning how to make a composition work by investigating texture, scale and use of materials.
- Learning how to pull the ‘Whole Thing’ together to create an overall pleasing piece.
- Exploring the potential regarding other recycled resources and opening possibilities to further develop and transform these ideas.
Please bring a range of recycled objects with you on the day, things you may like to consider incorporating into an art piece.
Dates of the courses are:
- Sunday 25th October, 10-4
- Sunday 8th November, 10-4
- Sunday 15th November, 10-4
Numbers maximum of four people per class. Price £60, includes tea and biscuits.